Monday, February 18, 2013

Drawing therapy


I got this lovely drawing in my email, from Karen Miller. Karen says, "I have been drawing and painting while caring for my parents. My dad recently had both feet amputated so my shaded pencil drawing of his familiar old boots was a kind of art therapy."

This drawing reminded me of the van Gogh painting of his own, well-worn shoes.  There is such an intimacy and human connection in both of these—something about the undone laces and the folds in the leather. A real sadness in Karen's drawing, knowing the circumstances. Thank you for sharing it, Karen.

4 comments:

  1. Students had already learned how to do a simple line contour drawing, so they started with that, drawing lightly with a HB pencil until they got the proportion just right. Snijplotter

    ReplyDelete
  2. his way, you can see which mistake you are repeating the most - this would be the logical mistake/behaviour to change first. pune spas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. therapeutic massage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Touche Spa Pune

    ReplyDelete